(Redirected from Condescended)
- 1: To come down voluntarily.
- 2: To come or bend down, so far as a particular action is concerned, from one's position of dignity or pride; to stoop voluntarily and graciously; to deign.
- 3: To depart from the privileges of superiority by a voluntary submission; to sink willingly to equal terms with inferiours’ (Johnson); to be condescending in one's relations with others.
- 4: To yield or deferentially give way; to show oneself deferential, compliant, or complaisant; to accommodate oneself to.
- 5: To give one's consent, to accede or agree to (a proposal, request, measure, etc.); to acquiesce.
Condescension can also refer to: