(Redirected from Practicality)
- I. Having to do with action.
- 1. a. Of, relating to practice or action, as opposed to speculation or theory. Freq. designating that area of a particular subject or discipline in which ideas or theories are tested or applied in practice.
- b. Actively engaged in; active, busy. Obs.
- c. Practised, experienced, versedin. Obs.
- 3. Of a person: inclined to or concerned with action as opposed to speculation; having knowledge or skills derived from practice rather than theory; (hence) sensible, realistic, and capable in dealing with situations.
- 4. That is such in practice or conduct (as distinguished from belief or theory); that is such in effect, though not nominally or professedly so; so nearly the case that it can be regarded as so; virtual.
- II. Having to do with trickery.
- 5. That practises art or craft; crafty, scheming, artful. Cf. PRACTIC adj. 3, PRACTICE n. 5 , PRACTICE n. 8.Obs.