1. having the quality of receiving, taking in, or admitting.
3. willing or inclined to receive suggestions, offers, etc., with favor: a receptive listener.
4. of or pertaining to reception or receptors: a receptive end organ.
5. (in language learning) of or pertaining to the language skills of listening and reading (opposed to productive ).
1540–50; < ML receptīvus. See reception, -ive
re⋅cep⋅tive⋅ly, adverb re⋅cep⋅tiv⋅i⋅ty [ree-sep-tiv-i-tee] Show IPA , re⋅cep⋅tive⋅ness, noun
3. amenable, hospitable, responsive, open.