Robert L. Davis, IV
- phone- 423-453-4399
- P.O. Box 294, Sewanee, TN 37375
- St. Andrew’s Sewanee School, 1972 - President, Teacher/Student Government
- George Peabody College of Vanderbilt University, 1976 – Major, Philosophy & Religion
- Daynal Institute - 2005 to present
- Director, Sewanee, TN
- Established to explore the spiritual counterpart of advancing material knowledge without regard to religion, race, gender, nationality, or political party. Responsible for design and development of digital archives, communications, and public relations.
- Designed Nordan Symposia as an intellectual framework within which to foster deeper inquiry into the origin, nature, and destiny of humanity through broad inter-disciplinary studies.
- Founded Daynal Institute Press to support and extend the work of a growing body of teachers, seen and unseen, devoted to spiritual education in the context of advancing planetary evolution.
- Starbridge Communications, Inc. – 2003-2005
- Founding President & Publisher of The Teaching Mission Archives, York, PA
- Accepted invitation to establish this non-profit organization for the purpose of publishing digital archives in multiple languages composed of classroom dialogue between teachers and students of divinity, philosophy, and cosmology. Wrote By-Laws, appointed Trustees, formed key committees, maintained parliamentary order and correspondence with U.S. Federal Treasury. Directed fund raising and donor relationships.
- Cambridge University Press - 1989-2005.
- Global Account Management Group, United Kingdom - 2001-2004
- Member, Senior Management Group, North America - 2000-2004
- Senior Account Manager, New York, NY - 1998-2004
- Northeast Sales Representative, Montclair, NJ - 1993-1998
- Southeast Sales Representative, Marietta, GA - 1989-1993
- While at Cambridge, I managed the Press’ largest wholesale and retail accounts; identified early and then developed Amazon.com into the most important account in the world for the oldest Press in the world. During this time, I pioneered the use of a digital bibliographic format (ONIX) that is now the global standard, negotiated an historic marketing contract that changed the manner in which books are sold, and served on the committee which directed UK Senior Management in EDI development.
- Meyer-Stone Publishing Co. - 1988-1989
- Southern Representative, Raleigh, NC
- Amity House (original English publisher of Meditations on the Tarot), Bear & Co., Orbis Books, New Society Publishers and others- focused upon spirituality and justice
- United Methodist Publishing House - 1984-1988
- Retail Sales Manager, Raleigh, NC & Duke Divinity School – 1986-1988
- Retail Store Manager, Jacksonville, FL – 1984-1986