\tran(t)-ˈsi-shən, tran-ˈzi-, chiefly British tran(t)-ˈsi-zhən\
Latin transition-, transitio, from transire
For lessons on the topic of Transition, follow this link.
- 1 a : passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another : change
- b : a movement, development, or evolution from one form, stage, or style to another
- 2 a : a musical modulation
- b : a musical passage leading from one section of a piece to another
- 3 : an abrupt change in energy state or level (as of an atomic nucleus or a molecule) usually accompanied by loss or gain of a single quantum of energy