St. Andrew’s Sewanee School
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School is a private, coeducational, Episcopal, boarding and day college preparatory school serving 250+ students in grades six through twelve. It is located in St. Andrew's, Tennessee near Sewanee, Tennessee on the Cumberland Plateau between Nashville and Chattanooga and adjacent to the University of the South. (In fact, the town of Sewanee is owned by the University as part of its 10,000 acre (40 km²) "Domain".)
The school, housed on 550 acres, is the result of the merger of St. Andrew's School (1905-1981) and the Sewanee Academy (1971-1981). St. Andrew's School was founded by the Order of the Holy Cross. The Sewanee Academy was preceded by the Junior Department of the University of the South (1868-69), the Sewanee Grammar School (1869-1908), St. Mary's School (1896-1968), and Sewanee Military Academy (1908-1971).
The school is attended by around 290 students each year in the 6th-12th grade levels. St. Andrew's-Sewanee is not only a day school, but also a boarding school. The boarding program houses around 100 students from across the U.S., and other countries such as Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Germany, Australia and Jamaica. Several notable parts of the school's curriculum are the strong and diverse foreign language classes (Spanish, Latin, French, and Chinese), students' ability to enroll in University classes, and one of the best high school clay facilities in the country. A 6th grade was incorporated in the fall of 2006, and added approximately 30 students to the enrollment.