From Nordan SymposiaJump to navigationJump to search
- b. Vain and unprofitable conduct or employment of time.
- c. in vanity, in vain. Obs.1
- 2. a. The quality of being vain or worthless; the futility or worthlessness of something.
- b. The quality of being foolish or of holding erroneous opinions. Obs.
- 3. a. The quality of being personally vain; high opinion of oneself; self-conceit and desire for admiration.
- b. With a and pl.: An instance of this; an occasion for being vain.
- c. A thing of which one is vain; also slang, one's favourite liquor.
- 5. Emptiness, lightness; the state of being void or empty; inanity. Obs. rare.