From Nordan SymposiaJump to navigationJump to search
- b : mundane in scope or character : prosaic
- b (1) : living on or in or growing from land <terrestrial plants> <terrestrial birds> (2) : of or relating to terrestrial organisms <terrestrial habits>
- 3: belonging to the class of planets that are like the earth (as in density and silicate composition) <the terrestrial planets Mercury, Venus, and Mars>
- Terrestrial animal, an animal that lives on land opposed to living in water, or sometimes an animal that lives on or near the ground, as opposed to arboreal life (in trees)
- Terrestrial locomotion, evolutionary adaptation from aquatic types of locomotion
- Terrestrial plant, a plant that grows on land rather than in water or on rocks or trees
- Terrestrial planet, a planet that is primarily composed of silicate rocks, and thus "Earth-like"